What do these bands have in common?
All of the photos above were taken on the stage of legendary Paris concert venue La Boule Noire. Each of these amazing bands, and many more – including Queens of the Stone Age, Franz Ferdinand, Phoenix, Linkin Park, Pavement, The Libertines, The Dandy Warhols, Two Door Cinema Club, and Coeur de Pirate, just to name a few – have performed here. And now, on 15 December, the bands of Rock U. will step onto the same stage and become part of rock history!
Please join us at La Boule Noire on 15 December for our 2019 Fall Concert! As always, admission is free and all are welcome.
*14h-20h, doors open at 13h30
*Seventeen student bands
*Hits by Queen, The Clash, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Daniel Caesar, AC/DC, Muse, Beastie Boys, Imagine Dragons, Blur, U2, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Maroon 5, Boney M., The Cure, Aerosmith, Arctic Monkeys, Nirvana, and many more!
Rock U. is very proud to be nominated again by Expatriates Magazine as Best Afterschool Activity in Paris for 2019! We won the award in 2017 and 2018, and we’re glad to have the chance to defend our crown.
Please click the button below to go to the Best Of Paris website and help us out with your vote. It’s a very tight race right now, with Rock U. in second place just a few points behind the leader. Voting closes on Friday 15 November at 13h Paris time. Thank you for your support!
Join us for this school holiday rock music program! If you already play an instrument or sing, or if you’ve always wanted to try drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and more, this program is for you. You and your band will learn songs throughout the week, explore different music styles and instruments, and record your final performance! All ability levels and all instruments welcome.
- Two sessions: Oct 21-25 and 28-31
- Two bands per session: 11h-12h30 (ages 8-11) and 13h-14h30 (ages 12-15)
- 195€ first week, 160€ second week
To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer’s almost over, and we are READY to ROCK. If you’re ready too, click these links to learn more:
Enrollment opens online at 09h00 on Monday 2 September
•Enrollment is on a first-come, first served basis
•Returning students who register before 4 September will receive priority band assignment
Still need more information? Please email email@example.com
We’ll see you in the studio soon! Let’s rock!
What an unbelievable weekend. 25 bands. More than 100 songs. More than 12 hours of music. Sunshine and breezes, good vibes and good times, great memories and GREAT music. Thank you to all who performed and all who supported the performers! Special thanks to:
- Mark Heim and Dan D’Amato, the Rock U. Board of Directors
- Doug, our Assistant Dean, Andy, and Rory, our wonderful teachers, and Jason, Andrew, Leo, and Noah, our great studio assistants
- Anthony, Chris, William, and Vincent, our awesome “alumni” road crew
- Kevin, Leander, and Jonathan, our fantastic lesson teachers
- Valerian and Michel, the great sound engineers at Bal de la Marine
- Fabien and his team at Bal de la Marine, who took great care of us
- Aleks and William, our amazing videographers
- My wife Becky, who helped out in more ways than I can remember
- And so many more I’m probably forgetting! Thank you all!
It’s here again, the best time of the year! Rock U. student bands from 8 to adult move up the river to Bal de la Marine to welcome summer the best way we know how, with three days of live music in the coolest spot in Paris!
- Friday 18h-20h: Rock U. Adult Bands
- Friday 20h-23h30: The Doodads (aka the Rock U. Instructor Band)
- Saturday 14h-15h30: Rock U. Youth Bands (age 8-14)
- Saturday 16h-17h30: Rock U. Teen Bands (age 14-18)
- Saturday 18h-21h: Rock U. Varsity Bands (age 16-18)
- Sunday 12h-13h: Rock U. Youth Bands (age 8-14)
- Sunday 13h-15h: Rock U. Adult Bands
Free and open to all!
Join us for this summer rock music program! If you already play an instrument or sing, or if you’ve always wanted to try drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and more, this program is for you. You and your band will learn songs throughout the week, explore different music styles and instruments, and record your final performance! All ability levels and all instruments welcome.
- Four sessions: July 1-5, 8-12, 15-19, and 22-26
- Two bands per session: 11h-12h30 (ages 8-11) and 13h30-15h00 (ages 12-15)
- 195€ per week
To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online registration form.
Come see the four Rock U. Varsity bands in concert on Saturday 25 May! Place du Commerce in the 15th.
- 15h Sedatephobia
- 15h30 The Kings
- 16h Proxima
- 16h30 Boogaloo System
Free and open to all!
Have you been on the fence about joining a Rock U. Adult Band and missed your chance? Or have you noticed how much fun your kids are having and you want your turn? Well, it’s not too late! Check out our Rock U. Adult Bands, the most fun you can have on a weeknight, and a lot cheaper than therapy! We’ll have a new band on Wednesday evenings starting in mid-May, with a full semester condensed into just six weeks. Come see what all the fuss is about!
The band is limited to seven places on a first-come, first-served basis. The new adult band will practice on Wednesday evenings from 15 May – 19 June, plus one more practice to be scheduled on a different night, and then will participate fully in our Rock U. En Seine concert weekend 21-23 June. More info here. Sign up here.